PHP/MySQL Strategy MMO
In category Complete Websites. Last modified 03/09/2012 09:11:01am
Run your own MySQL and PHP based Strategy massively-multiplayer game! Runs on most standard servers and has a great list of features; ideal for those looking for a good script to build a custom MMO from, or runs straight from the box to host your own game!
Ever wanted to run your own MMO? This PHP and MySQL based strategy script allows you to do just that! You can install this on a suitable server and have the game up and running in minutes; alternatively, it provides a great base for developing a highly customized MMO, or a great piece of learning material!
This script includes the following features:
- Internal messaging (mail) system
- Region-based forums
- Politics; regional leader voting, and leader-chosen forum moderator and regional-resources manager
- Open market trading
- Research and Construction technology trees to advance technology (increase income and available units, allowed market trades, and resource stockpile limit)
- Sending of troops to attack or defend
- Missions against other players
- Text-based map
- Unit production / transfer between armies
- Resources gathering units (which can be taken by other players after combat)
- Resource theft in combat
- ...and more! Be sure to check out the live demo!
There is also an administration area, with features including player management, CMS, email template management, site-settings management, technology tree building and publishing, and more!
The server requirements are as follows (this script has been tested on a number of servers, including some basic shared-hosting servers, where it has performed without issues):
- MySQL - Recent version, one database
- PHP - Recent version, file writing access
- Crontab - or a similar cron job scheduler; optionally the ticks could be configured to run from an open browser window, though this may be less than ideal in many situations.
|03/09/12 Minor update: Fixed market offer limit.|